Friends of ACS Scholarship Information
The Friends of the Augusta Choral Society is pleased to announce applications are now available for a $500 scholarship for a student in the CSRA who has contributed their vocal musical talents to the CSRA. To qualify for the scholarship, the student must:
- Be a college-bound high school senior involved musically in the community. (Emphasis will be on vocal participation.)
- Plan to participate in vocal music in college (though not necessarily a music major)
- Complete the application available on-line at www.augustacs.org and return the completed application to Augusta Choral Society, P.O. Box 1402, Augusta, GA 30903. The application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2020.
- Submit a recommendation from an adult (not a relative) who participates in the music community. (This may be a music teacher, choir director, chorus participant.) This must also be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2020.
- Selection will be based on:
- Amount of time devoted to vocal lessons, performances, both in & out of school.
- Level/Quality of performances (school, volunteer chorus, paid performance)
- Desire to continue vocal participation in college (not necessarily major in music)
- Strength of recommendation
- Need is NOT a consideration
Applications are available now by clicking ScholarshipApplication2019
Contact Sandy Lawrence, 706-860-9517, or Carolyn Dolen, 706-826-4713, if you have questions.-